Cobh in Cork is a great destination for families this October and Halloween with great attractions and fantastic value for money offers.
Cuskinny Court near Cobh is being transformed into Lord Ghoulsley’s Manor http://www.ghoulsleysmanor.com from 17th October for Halloween (and then into the North Pole Outpost for Christmas!). Lord Ghoulsley and his mischievous and ghastly groupies invite you to experience a haunted tour of the house in this immersive & interactive experience for families (designed for kids between 4 and 14).
- Meet Lord Ghoulsley and listen to some of his terrible tales
- Visit Vladimir the Vegetarian Vampire and hear his woes of being a vegetarian in a world of bloodsucking vampires
- Wander into Wanda The Witch’s parlour, cast some silly spells and mix some petrifying potions
- Descend into the underground cellars of the manor and visit Dr. Frankenfarter and help him sort out some behavioural issues he is having with his monster
- Be on the look out for other ghoulish ghosts lurking in the dim candle lit corners of the Ghoulsley Dungeons
This experience lasts 50 minutes to 1 hour approximately, is suitable for families and ideal for children from 4 to 14 years. Lord Ghoulsley’s Manor is mainly an indoor experience with a small outdoor element so we would advise dressing for the season! Halloween costumes are of course encouraged.
Bella Vista Hotel is offering a superb 2 night package for 2 adults and 2 children from €189 per night on a bed and breakfast basis. Book either a family room in the hotel or one of the self-catering suites and get all the following:
- A 2 course evening meal on 1 night in the hotel restaurant
- A box of Chocolates in the room on arrival
- A family ticket to Lord Ghoulsleys Manor
- A family ticket to Cobh’s Titanic Experience
To view Bella Vista offers click here
The Commodore Hotel has superb value on offer right throughout October too. Their Mid Term Family B&B Offer between Sunday 25th and Friday 30th October has Seaview Family Rooms for up to 5 people consisting of a room with a Double bed & 3 Single beds.
**2 adults/ 2 children €100 per night
** 2 adults/ 3 children €108 per night
To view offers for the Commodore Hotel click here
Cobh also has other great places to stay including cosy B&B’s and self catering apartments. To see these click here
While in Cobh check out Titanic Experience Cobh, Cobh Heritage Centre, Cobh Museum, Titanic Trail Walking Tour or take the ferry from Cobh to see Spike Island (weekends only).
Fota Wildlife Park is less than ten minutes from Cobh by car or train.